Preparation and Application
- New Steel – Thoroughly clean all surfaces. For new Galvanized Steel, use a vinyl wash primer before applying Zero-Rust®.
- Rusty Surfaces – Remove all loose scale and powdery rust. Thoroughly clean surface of any dirt, grease or other contaminants.
- Partially Painted Surfaces – When repairing a painted surface that has deteriorated totally remove old paint.
Zero Rust® Application
- Mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use
- Apply Zero-Rust® by brush, roller or spray
- For best results apply a minimum of two coats
- Apply in a crisscross pattern from one coat to the next
- Select two dissimilar colors for each coat
- Black and red oxide have the best corrosion resistance. Apply one of these as the first coat and use one of the other Zero Rust colors as the second coat when a different color is desired.
- Do not apply in heavy films
- Allow a minimum of 30 minutes flash off time between coats
- Zero Rust® dries to the touch in 30-60 minutes
- Clean up with MEK, Xylene, lacquer thinner, or VOC exempt solvents where required
- Refer to the Zero Rust Application Instructions for detailed application procedures