Preparation and Application
- New Steel – Thoroughly clean all surfaces. For new Galvanized Steel, use a vinyl wash primer before applying Zero-Rust®.
- Rusty Surfaces – Remove all loose scale and powdery rust. Thoroughly clean surface of any dirt, grease or other contaminants.
- Partially Painted Surfaces – When repairing a painted surface that has deteriorated totally remove old paint.
Zero Rust® Application
- Mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use
- Apply Zero-Rust® by brush, roller or spray
- For best results apply a minimum of two coats
- Apply in a crisscross pattern from one coat to the next
- Select two dissimilar colors for each coat
- Apply 28-60 Red or 28-62 Black as first coat
- Do not apply in heavy films
- Allow a minimum of 30 minutes flash off time between coats
- Zero Rust® dries to the touch in 30-60 minutes
- Clean up with MEK, Xylene, lacquer thinner, or VOC exempt solvents where required
- Refer to the Zero Rust Application Instructions for detailed application procedures